This guide will teach you how to check MTN data balance, as well all know that the Nigerian Communication Commission changed regular USSD codes a few months ago. However, they aimed to unify the USSD code between different mobile telecommunication in Nigeria, and they have succeeded in doing so.
The good news is that you can now use one USSD code for all Networks like MTN, GLO, AIRTEL, and 9MOBILE. You no longer have to use different codes to check data balance from different mobile networks. However, if you find it hard to remember how to check your MTN data balance, don’t worry. I am going to teach you the new method that you can use to check your data balance.
3 ways on how to check MTN data balance
- By dialing or using the MTN USSD code.
- Via text message format.
- By using the MTN mobile app.
This list above is the 3 motheds you can use to check your MTN data balance without stress and we are going to discuss about them one of the other.
How to check MTN data balance using USSD short code
Follow these steps to check your MTN data balance, using the MTN USSD code format.
- On your Android or iOS smartphone, open your call dialer app.
- Dial this code, “*131*4#”, and send.
- You will get a pop-up, and also a text message from MTN, containing all your currently active data bundles and their balances.
Via text message format
Follow these steps to check your MTN data balance, by sending a simple text message.
- With your Android or iOS smartphone, go to your message app.
- Type “2“, and send it to “131“.
- After that, a new text message will arrive on your phone, containing all your currently active data bundles and their balances.
How to check your MTN data balance by using the MTN mobile app
Follow these steps to check your MTN data balances and other related info, using the MTN mobile app.
Download now: MyMTN official MTN mobile app.
- First of all, head down to the Play Store by following the link above to download the MyMTN mobile app.
- When you’re done downloading and have installed the app, open it, and you’ll be required to provide your phone number.
- An OTP code will be sent to the provided number, enter the code into the app.
- You might also be required to set your login details, such as a username and a password.
- After you’ve done that, you should be ushered into the app’s homepage, and from there, you can see your account details such as; your current tariff plan, your airtime balance, and of course, your current data plans, and their balances.